Lord, Teach Us to Pray!
Sit at the feet of our Lord Jesus and hear how He motivated His disciples to seek God in prayer. Then travel through the Scriptures with Dr. Sexton as he surveys the subject of prayer in thirteen Bible lessons. Finally, be encouraged and stirred by great quotes concerning prayer by E. M. Bounds, two sermons from Dr. Lee Roberson, a sermon by Charles Spurgeon, and a personal testimony written by J. Sidlow Baxter concerning his prayer life.
The Teacher’s Guide is a three-ring notebook containing valuable information to assist the teacher in the preparation and presentation of the Bible lesson. These notes are identical in format to the Study Guide. The page numbers on the “Teacher’s Notes” correspond to the page numbers in the Study Guide. Also included are class teaching notes and lesson aims which may be removed from the Teacher’s Guide and placed in the teacher’s Bible to assist in teaching the lesson.
Goals for This Series:
- To show that the bigger God becomes in your life, the greater things for which you will trust Him
- To learn that the purpose of prayer is to know the mind of Christ
- To understand that God has given us a way to know Him through prayer
- To recognize those things that will keep God from answering our prayers
- To understand that our need is an opportunity to look to the Lord for His unfailing provision
- To recognize that the only way to have victory in the Christian life is to pray
- To know that God’s first work in this world is in our hearts
- To recognize that God will not accept our prayers as a substitute for faith in Him
- To understand that the greatest thing we can do for others is pray for them
- To know that we ought to pray together as a church
- To show that praying for the salvation of the lost is working with God to accomplish His purpose
- To understand that prayer brings peace to our homes