Lord, Teach Us to Pray!
The aim of this book is to glorify the Lord. Whether or not we have learned these lessons cannot be measured by an academic test. We will know that we have learned these lessons when we speak to God in prayer and have our prayers answered.
God hears and answers prayer! The idea that we serve a reluctant God who must be convinced to come to our aid could not be further from the truth. Our loving heavenly Father wants us to accept His invitation to come into His divine presence and meet Him in prayer.
Charles Spurgeon said, “The habit of prayer is blessed, but the spirit of prayer is better.” Prayer cannot substitute for faith; it is an expression of our faith. The object of our faith is the Lord Jesus Christ! As we study these lessons on prayer, may we learn to live in the spirit of prayer.
Table of Contents
1. Prayer Lessons – Luke 11:1-13
2. Prayer Begins With God – Genesis 4:26
3. Why the Lord Will Not Answer – I Samuel 28:1-6
4. God Is Always Enough – Ezra 8:21-23
5. God Hears and Answers Prayer – Jeremiah 33:3
6. Lifting Up Our Hearts and Hands to God – Lamentations 3:31-47
7. Pray in Faith – Matthew 6:5-7
8. Pray for the Sick – Luke 4:38-39
9. Pray Together as a Church – Acts 1:11-14
10. Pray for the Salvation of the Lost – Colossians 4:1-6
11. Live in the Spirit of Prayer – I Timothy 2:1-8
12. Pray for Your Children – Hebrews 11:23
13. Pray Again – James 5:13-20
14. What Happens When You Pray? by Dr. Lee Roberson – John 11:41-44
15. Altar Builders by Dr. Lee Roberson – Genesis 8:20, 12:7
16. Intercessory Prayer by Charles Spurgeon – Job 42:10
Appendix: Will and Emotions by J. Sidlow Baxter