The Parables of Jesus – Volume I
By Dr. Clarence Sexton
We must understand the parables in order to understand the teachings of the Lord Jesus.
A parable is a story “cast alongside” a great spiritual truth to help us comprehend that truth.
Each parable of the Lord Jesus has one great lesson for us.
1. The Hearers and the Doers (Matthew 7:24)
2. The Sower (Matthew 13:3)
3. The Wheat and the Tares (Matthew 13:24-25)
4. A Grain of Mustard Seed (Matthew 13:31)
5. Leaven Hid in Meal (Matthew 13:33)
6. The Hidden Treasure (Matthew 13:44)
7. One Pearl of Great Price (Matthew 13:45-46)
8. A Net Cast Into the Sea (Matthew 13:47)
9. The Unforgiving Servant (Matthew 18:32-33)
10. Laborers in the Vineyard (Matthew 20:1)
11. The Two Sons Called to Work (Matthew 21:28)
12. The Wicked Husbandmen (Matthew 21:33)
13. The Marriage of the King’s Son (Matthew 22:2-3)